Monday, November 27, 2017

A good question

A writing question from a long time student. I think the answer will help others too!
   You know Ariele I often wonder how much candor and self pity would cause my ALLEGED memoirs to be unreadable. I'm pretty sure that is the main reason I can't write... how can I overcome the disease and not the fear office writing block? (Rhetorical?) MW
Answer: We often have to write our way out of negative emotions…or talk our way out. Then you can share the parts that have interest. We often have to write our way out of negative emotions...or talk our way out. Then you can share the parts that have interest. You can't see anything but pit when you are in the pit. That's not interesting to other people. But when a personal story can be shared by someone who can stand outside the pit and look in--reporting what happened without being too biased or blaming--with interest and compassion for the self and for others involved, then it becomes readable and useful to others. Ariele
Thanks that is useful. I've been in the pit for such a long time that I forget where I am compared to those who interact with me from above. I'm definitely still in what was new normal 2 yrs ago. No longer new but a pit. Pity. I'm getting tired insisting on my way of climbing out. I had definitely lost perspective and your encouragement/ perspective was valuable. MW

No comments:

Post a Comment